Set Up a Free PayPal Business Account
As explained in the Payment Processing Options video within the training section, it is recommended that every e-commerce store accept PayPal as a payment option. In order to accept PayPal in your e-commerce store, you will need a PayPal Business Account. It is free and quick & easy to set one up. Here are the steps:
- Get started by clicking here.
- On the page that comes up just click the orange button that says ‘START NOW’.
- On the page that comes up now, just click the orange ‘Get Started’ button under the ‘Business’ heading.
- On the page that comes up select ‘Website Payments Standard’ and click ‘Continue’.
- At this point you will be walked through the personal and business information pages. Simply fill out all required fields & work your way through the rest of the application process.
NOTE: Be sure to put your new PayPal account log in details into your ‘passwords’ spreadsheet.
After Your PayPal Business Account is Set Up
Once you have created your PayPal account, you will need to do the following:
Attach Your PayPal Account to Your BigCommerce Store
Now that you have a PayPal account you should attach it to your BigCommerce store.