SOLD: High-Traffic Beauty & Style Content Site - BeautyOfGirls.com
SOLD: High-Traffic Beauty & Style Content Site - BeautyOfGirls.com
BeautyOfGirls.com is a high-traffic content site with over 700 articles/pages about women's health, beauty, style and fashion. As you'll see when you visit the site, banner ads are professionally embedded into the content of the articles and into the template of the site, generating ad revenue for the site (primarily through Google AdSense). Over the past 5 months (Oct 2017 - Feb 2018), the site has averaged an amazing 25,440 visitors per day! The sale includes not only the BeautyOfGirls.com website and all its content, but also three (3) extremely popular and active Facebook pages with a combined ~944,000 likes and ~953,000 followers (see the Included with the Sale section below for more details). These Facebook pages (and their huge followings) are one of the biggest keys to success for the business. Each time a new article is posted on the BeautyOfGirls.com website, the owner posts a short "teaser post" about the new article on the most relevant Facebook page(s). When he does that, all of the Facebook users who have "liked" or "followed" that Facebook page see the "teaser post" in their Facebook feed, and many of them click a link/image in the post and come visit the site. Once arriving at the site, if they click on any of the embedded banner ads, it generates revenue for the business. The current owner (who is a long-time member of Store Coach) has become increasingly busy operating his eCommerce store and just doesn’t have the time to continue managing BeautyOfGirls.com as well, which is why he’s decided to sell it.
- Niche: Women's health, beauty, style and fashion content site
- Store Model: Ad revenue (primarily Google AdSense and RevContent)
- P&L Period: Oct 2017 - Feb 2018
- Site Launch Date: February 2017
- Also Included: 3 Facebook pages with a combined ~944k likes and ~953k followers
- Avg. Monthly Gross Revenue: $4,528
- Avg. Monthly Expenses: $1,940
- Avg. Monthly Net Profit: $2,588
- Avg. Monthly Visitors: 766,820 (25,440 per day)
- Owner Time Requirement: 15-20 hours per week
ASKING PRICE: $62,000
The asking price for this site is $62,000, calculated as follows:
Oct 2017 - Feb 2018 Total Net Profit: $12,944 / 5 to Yield Average Monthly Net Profit: $2,588 x 24 Month (2.0 Annual) Earnings Multiplier: $62,112 Rounded Down to: $62,000
P&L and Financial Information
Here is the P&L Statement for the most recent 5-month period (October 2017 - February 2018)...
Following is a quick summary of the key numbers from the P&L:
- Avg. Monthly Revenue: $4,528
- Avg. Monthly Facebook Advertising Expenses: $1,765
- Avg. Monthly Content Expenses: $95
- Avg. Monthly Web Hosting Expense: $80
- Avg. Monthly Net Profit: $2,588
The current owner will of course give the eventual buyer the opportunity to conduct extensive due diligence, including a live "screen-share" web meeting where you’ll be able to view Google AdSense reports, RevContent reports, Facebook Ads Manager reports, and verify and confirm all of the figures shown in the P&L above. But here are screenshots from Google AdSense to verify revenue figures. (Note: Click the thumbnails below to see the full-size images in a new tab.)
Oct 17 - Feb 18 AdSense Report
Oct 2017 AdSense Report
Nov 2017 AdSense Report
Dec 2017 AdSense Report
Jan 2018 AdSense Report
Feb 2018 AdSense Report
About the Revenue Model
With a content site monetized with banner ads (like BeautyOfGirls.com), the name of the game is traffic! The more visitors the site gets, the more clicks and revenue the site generates. So, the first key to success is creating appealing content about hot/viral topics. The owner has a very slick system in place for creating interesting content, utilizing interns to keep the costs very low (only $95/month)! On average, 3-4 new articles are posted to the site every business day, creating a steady influx of new, fresh content. But more important than the frequency of new content is the fact that BeautyOfGirls.com focuses on adding articles about trending, viral hot topics of interest to women. The second key to success is getting that content in front of the right audience: women who will be interested in reading the articles. This is accomplished in two ways:
- "Teaser posts" on the Facebook pages - As mentioned above, the sale includes three (3) super popular Facebook pages: 1) facebook.com/iEyeMakeup, 2) facebook.com/itsFashionIdeas and 3) facebook.com/itsBeautyOfGirls. Combined, these three Facebook pages have ~944k likes and ~953k followers. Every time a new article is posted on the site (which is usually 3-4 times per day), a short "teaser post" is added to one (or more) of these Facebook pages. Why? Because all of those people who have "liked" or "followed" those Facebook pages sees that "teaser post" in their Facebook feed. Many of these followers click the link in those posts and visit the site.
- Low-cost, ultra-targeted Facebook and Instagram ads - To supplement the natural (organic) traffic the site gets from the "teaser posts", the current owner also runs low-cost Facebook/Instagram ad campaigns to drive additional traffic to the site. He's managed to drive traffic at a very low cost of just $1.00 - $1.50 per 1,000 visitors. The cost of these Facebook/Instagram ads is reflected on the 'Facebook Ads' line in the P&L above.
The third and final major key to success is having a professional-looking website with tastefully embedded advertisements. The current owner has clearly accomplished this. He's primarily used plug-and-play 1) Google AdSense and 2) RevContent plug-ins (apps) to manage the paid ads. (Back in December, he also tried out the MGID ad interface, but hasn't used that since.) As you can see, regardless of your experience level with this revenue model, the current owner can easily train you to take over management and operations of this website. As you'll see in the Included with the Sale section below, the current owner will provide comprehensive training and transitional support to the new owner.
Marketing and Traffic
Traffic over the past 5 months has been very up and down, highly dependent upon the time and attention the current owner (who has been very "stretched thin" because of his eCommerce business and other ventures) has been able to give the site. He has oftentimes not had the time to keep up with the "teaser posts" or with the Facebook/Instagram ads. Also contributing to the up-and-down nature of the traffic is the simple fact that some articles simply "catch on" and do a lot better than others. So to a certain extent, the traffic (and therefore revenue) will always be a bit up and down. It's just the nature of a content-driven site like this. Here is the Google Analytics Acquisition Overview report for the past 5 months (October 2017 - February 2018)...
While social traffic (which is a combination of both organic/natural traffic from the Facebook followers and paid traffic from the Facebook/Instagram posts) makes up the lions share of total traffic, the following Organic Traffic report for the same 5-month period shows that the site continues to experience organic gains as time goes on...
The current owner estimates that he spends 15-20 hours per week running the site at its current operating level reflected in the P&L above. Here's a list of the tasks the current owner performs himself each week:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Reading, editing and publishing articles
- Posting "teaser posts" on the Facebook pages
- Creating and managing Facebook ad campaigns
He will of course train the new owner on effectively taking over all of the above tasks as part of the sale.
Included with the Sale
The sale includes all of the following...
- The BeautyOfGirls.com domain name and website (including all textual and graphical content)
- The facebook.com/iEyeMakeup Facebook account, which has ~710,000 likes and ~718,000 followers and a 4.6 rating (based on 200+ reviews)
- The facebook.com/itsFashionIdeas Facebook account, which has ~218,000 likes and ~219,000 followers and a 4.2 rating (based on 40+ reviews)
- The facebook.com/itsBeautyOfGirls Facebook account, which has ~16,000 likes and ~16,000 followers
- 30 days of support to train you/your employee on how to run the business, manage the ads, etc. (first 10 hours via phone or live webinar/screen share, then Skype/email support after that)
You can make an offer for this highly profitable eCommerce store here. We'll immediately present your offer to the seller. If he accepts your offer, we'll notify you immediately and update this page to let other interested parties know that an offer has been accepted. Once your offer is accepted, a 3-day due diligence period will begin (during which time other interested parties may place a "back-up offer" in case the sale falls through for whatever reason). During this 3-day due diligence period, we'll work closely with you and with the seller to help you complete due diligence. Among other things, this will include doing a live screen-share web meeting so you can review financial information, revenue reports, traffic reports in Google Analytics, etc. We'll also send you the Contract of Sale agreement for you to review. Once the Contract of Sale is signed and the sale is completed, we will update this page to let other interested parties know that the sale has been finalized and remove this listing from the Store Coach Website Marketplace.
Disclaimer: Store Coach, Inc. is acting as the broker of the sale of this website/business and is merely presenting figures and information provided by the website/business. The website/business owner is solely responsible for all financial figures, statements, claims and information provided on this page as well as all financial figures, statements, claims and information which may be provided to interested parties during the due diligence process. It is the responsibility of the eventual buyer to review and verify all financial figures, statements, claims and information provided by the website/business owner.