SOLD: Private Label Unique Mother- and Family-Themed Jewelry eCommerce Store
SOLD: Private Label Unique Mother- and Family-Themed Jewelry eCommerce Store
NOTICE: This website has been SOLD and is no longer available to purchase. We invite you to...
- Visit the Store Coach Marketplace to see other web stores currently available to purchase; or
- Learn about our website brokering service if you own a profitable site you're interested in selling; or
- Learn how to build your own profitable business by utilizing the training in our Private Label Profits Academy.
Top 10 things you should know about this incredibly profitable web business...
1. Over the past 12 months, it has averaged $53,561 revenue and $12,716 net profit per month.
2. The business sells its own private-label brand of unique jewelry pieces focused on motherhood and family.
3. It boasts an amazing 76.1% gross profit margin (after product, shipping and fulfillment costs) and a 23.7% net profit margin (after all expenses).
4. All orders ship from a fulfillment center located in Michigan, USA. The fulfillment process is 100% automated.
5. The site only requires 15-20 hours per week to operate, most of which could easily be outsourced or handled by a Virtual Assistant (VA).
6. The site has an absolutely amazing 5.38% conversion rate.
7. The store is over 3 years old, as it was created in December 2016.
8. The business has a mailing list comprised of ~52,000 people, including over 40,000 past customers.
9. The site has a solid 4.7 star rating after over 7,800 reviews on Shopper Approved (one of the few third-party customer review programs trusted by Google).
10. As you would imagine with a jewelry store specializing in mother and family focused jewelry, this business does particularly well around Mother's Day (April & May) and Christmas (November & December). The other months of the year are still profitable, of course, but the lion's share of revenue and profits come during those four months each year.
- Niche: Private-label mother & family focused jewelry pieces (please sign NDA to see domain name & additional information)
Store Model: Fulfillment by a USA-based fulfillment center
- P&L Period: Feb 2019 - Jan 2020 (trailing 12 months)
Store Launch Date: December 2016
- Avg. Monthly Net Revenue: $53,561
- Gross Profit Margin: 76.1% of revenue
- Avg. Monthly Net Profit: $12,716
- Net Profit Margin: 23.7% of revenue
- Average Order Value (AOV): $32.98
- Conversion Rate: 5.38%
- Owner Time Requirement: 15-20 hours per week
Asking Price: $340,000
The owners are pricing the business extremely aggressively in hopes of a quick sale. The $340,000 asking price was calculated as follows:
x 2.25x Annual Earnings Multiplier: $343,341
Rounded Down to: $340,000
Important Note: All inventory on hand at closing is INCLUDED as part of the sale (for no additional amount added to the asking price). Since the business typically carries about $75,000 of inventory (at cost value), the inclusion of all inventory is effectively a 0.49 reduction of the annual earnings multiplier on the asking price (calculation: $75,000 of included inventory divided by $152,596 annual net profit).
P&L and Financial Information
Here is the P&L Statement for the trailing 12-month period February 2019 - January 2020 (click on the P&L image to see it full-size in a new tab):
As part of due diligence, the eventual buyer will of course be given the opportunity to do a number of live "screen-share" web meetings to see the store admin panel, payment accounts, paid advertising accounts, Google Analytics, etc. to verify and confirm all of the figures shown in the P&L above. But following are screenshots of a) the 'Finances' report from the Shopify admin panel and b) the 'Ecommerce Overview' report from Google Analytics to corroborate the revenue figures for February 2019 - January 2020. (Please note that the Google Analytics report doesn't include about $10,000 of Amazon revenue.)
About the Niche & Supplier
The store sells various types of women's jewelry (including necklaces, bracelets, earrings and keychains) centered around a common theme: motherhood and family. This makes the store incredibly popular in the months leading up to Mother's Day (April & May) and Christmas (November & December). The target audience for this niche is enormous, and the store has barely begun to scratch the surface of its long-term potential.
The catalog currently consists of around 165 products, which range in retail price from about $20 to $30. The owners are constantly rolling out new products revolving around the motherhood/fatherhood/family theme. They've just recently released a new line of locket necklaces and are in the process of rolling out several new styles and designs in preparation for Mother's Day 2020.
The domain name of the store will be disclosed only to serious potential buyers who first sign an NDA, which you can do electronically here.
The business sources 100% of its products from a single jewelry manufacturer located in China, with whom they have a dream relationship...
- They have a dedicated sales rep they can chat with via Skype any time (in addition to email, of course).
- The manufacturer makes new product development a breeze... and they do it all free of charge! The owners simply send them rough sketches (or even just textual descriptions) of their ideas for new designs they'd like to create, and the manufacturer takes it from there. (And it's pretty common for the manufacturer to suggest new designs themselves, too!) First, they have their artists mock up the new designs in a CAD-type software. The owners can then give feedback and request changes until they're satisfied with the new designs. The manufacturer then produces a few samples for the owners to review and approve prior to producing the initial order. Again, the manufacturer does all of this free of charge.
- Because of the stellar long-term relationship the owners have established with this manufacturer, they're only required to order 50 units (Minimum Order Quantity, or MOQ) of each new SKU. Where the average piece only costs ~$1.50, this means the owners only need to invest ~$75 to roll out a new design (meaning they only need to sell 3 units - at ~$25 retail per piece - in order to recoup their costs).
- Turn-around times are very fast, despite the fact that the manufacturer is located in China. For re-orders of already-existing designs, it typically only takes about 3 weeks from the order date for the items to arrive at the Michigan-based fulfillment center. The total development and production time for brand new designs is typically about 6-8 weeks.
- The manufacturer has agreed that all jewelry designs this store sells are exclusive to just them. The manufacturer doesn't offer the products for sale on their website or in any selling marketplaces (i.e. AliExpress, Alibaba, Amazon, etc.).
The seller will assist the buyer with taking over the existing account with this manufacturer such that the buyer will have the exact same pricing and terms that the seller has been getting.
Marketing and Traffic
While the store's primary traffic source is Facebook and Instagram ads, this is NOT your typical "dime-a-dozen" store selling the same generic AliExpress products dozens and dozens of retailers are selling through Facebook ads. This store is very different and is built for long-term success...
- Its products are unique, custom-designed, private-labeled and exclusive to this store (the owners have even gotten US copyrights on several of the best-selling products, which are of course included with the sale).
- Orders ship same-day or next-day (depending on the time of day the order is placed) from the fulfillment center located in Michigan, USA. Most US orders arrive within 2-4 days of when the order is placed.
- The store has a stellar 4.7 star rating after over 7,800 reviews on Shopper Approved (one of the few third-party customer review programs trusted by Google).
- The business has a mailing list comprised of ~52,000 people, over 40,000 of which are past customers and, based on the 4.7-star average rating, are very satisfied with their previous order(s) and are likely to order more products in the future.
- The owners have also recently launched an "ambassador program" (enabling customers to earn rewards by referring family/friends) and also recently started selling on Amazon.com (USA) as a second sales channel.
- Approximately 10% of revenue over the past year has come from past customers returning to place an additional order. If the mailing list and Facebook following were utilized more effectively, this percentage could likely double or triple.
Following is a screenshot of the 'Acquisition Overview' report from Google Analytics for the period February 2019 - January 2020 (click on the image to see the full-size version in a new tab). Remember that since the majority of traffic comes from paid ad campaigns, the peaks and valleys you see in traffic is almost entirely because of the change in ad spend from week to week (the owners significantly raise ad spend in the weeks leading up to Mother's Day and Christmas).
One of the most notable takeaways from this Google Analytics reports is that the store has an amazing 5.38% conversion rate over the past year, meaning that over 5 out of every 100 visitors on the site place an order. Most eCommerce stores average around a 1-2% conversion rate (oftentimes lower), so a 5.38% conversion rate is very strong.
While the store does require Facebook ad management, you do NOT need to be an "expert Facebook marketer" to obtain the same type of results moving forward. The current owners will train you on how to monitor and further fine-tune the marketing campaigns during the 60 days of training included with the sale.
The current owners estimate that it only requires 15-20 hours per week to run the store at its current operating level reflected in the P&L above. Many of the current weekly activities (listed below) could be outsourced to low-cost VAs (and probably only increase monthly expenses by $300 - $400)...
- Monitoring ad campaigns and launching new ads
- Monitoring inventory levels and ordering more inventory
- Answering pre-sales questions about the products
- Occasionally developing new products (with the assistance of the manufacturer)
- Accounting and bookkeeping
The seller will of course provide comprehensive training on all aspects of business operations (and also provide transition help for the first few weeks after the sale) as part of the sale.
The new owner could likely double (or triple) this store's average monthly profit over the next couple of years by exploring the following growth opportunities:
- Expand the Catalog - Given 1) the incredible profit margin the store enjoys, 2) the 52,000+ person mailing list (primarily comprised of happy customers), and 3) the business' absolutely ideal relationship with its manufacturer, rolling out new styles and designs is incredibly easy and cost-effective. You don't need to be an artist or designer to add new products to the catalog. With a low MOQ of just 50 units only costing $1-2 per unit, you only need to sell 2-4 units of each new SKU to recoup the costs to roll out a new design.
- Ramp Up Amazon Operations - To this point, the only thing the sellers have really done on Amazon is listing the products on Amazon. They haven't run any specials or promos, solicited reviews, or done much with Amazon PPC ads. And yet, Amazon showed great signs in 4Q, generating almost $10,000 of revenue.
- Influencer & Affiliate Marketing - This is the ideal niche/product line to use "influencer marketing" and/or affiliate marketing to generate additional traffic and sales. There are literally tens of thousands of related but non-competing sites and thousands of "influencers" (people with tens/hundreds of thousands of followers) relevant to this market who you could pay either a fixed fee or a percentage commission to send visitors to the site.
- Add 'Print on Demand' Products - This store has focused almost exclusively on jewelry items to date, but the motherhood/fatherhood/family theme make this an ideal target to expand with Print On Demand (POD) clothing and accessory products.
- Expand Social Marketing via Videos - The current owners have relied primarily on image-based advertising. Recent social media trends show that video ads tend to convert at a significantly higher rate. There are several free software options available that can convert images into simple slideshow style videos that could likely up the return on ad spend for the current Facebook marketing campaigns.
Wholesale Program - The site has a very rudimentary wholesale program (for those who sell products at a booth, kiosk or boutique shop), but the owners haven't really done anything to build up a wholesale component of the business. Doing so would be an excellent way to increase sales and profits. The themed jewelry makes it a great target for many small retailers to carry in brick and mortar type shops.
Included with the Sale
The sale includes all of the following:
- The domain name and website (including all textual and graphical content)
- All inventory on hand at closing ($70,000 - $80,000 at cost value)
- The Amazon seller account associated with the business
- All social profile accounts associated with the site, including Facebook (~36,000 likes/followers), Instagram and Pinterest accounts
- The MailChimp account and all mailing/customer lists (comprised of over 52,000 emails, over 40,000 of which are past customers)
- The supplier account with the jewelry manufacturer
- The fulfillment center account (with specially negotiated rates)
- All advertising accounts associated with the business (Facebook, Google, Bing, Pinterest, etc.)
- The Shopper Approved account (with a 4.7-star rating after 7,800+ reviews)
- US copyrights for several best-selling products
- All other accounts associated with the business (emails, Shopify, apps, live chat, toll-free number, etc.)
- 60 days of support to train you/your employee on how to run the business, manage the ads, etc. (first 30 hours via phone or live webinar/screen share, then Skype/email support after that)
- The sellers will also sign a non-compete agreement as part of the sale agreement
You can make an offer for this highly profitable eCommerce store here. We'll immediately present your offer to the seller. If they accept your offer, we'll notify you immediately and update this page to let other interested parties know that an offer has been accepted. Once your offer is accepted, a 10-day due diligence period will begin.
During this 10-day due diligence period, we'll work closely with you and with the seller to help you complete due diligence. Among other things, this will include doing one or more live screen-share web meeting(s) so you can review financial information, the store admin panel, payment accounts, advertising accounts, sales reports, traffic reports in Google Analytics, supplier invoices, etc. We'll also send you the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) for you to review.
Once the Asset Purchase Agreement is signed and the sale is completed, we will update this page to let other interested parties know that the sale has been finalized and remove this listing from the Store Coach Website Marketplace.
Sign NDA to Begin Due Diligence
Ask a Question About This Listing
Have a Profitable Online Business You're Thinking of Selling?
Net more and pay less with Store Store Coach's professional website brokering service. Our listings are better, our fees are lower, and all Store Coach Marketplace listings are now published on Flippa.com and BizBuySell.com as well (for no additional cost)! Click here to get more information and to request a zero-obligation free business valuation.
Disclaimer: Store Coach, Inc. is acting as the broker of the sale of this website/business and is merely presenting figures and information provided by the website/business owner. The website/business owner is solely responsible for all financial figures, statements, claims, and information provided on this page as well as all financial figures, statements, claims and information which may be provided to interested parties during the due diligence process. It is the responsibility of the eventual buyer to review and verify all financial figures, statements, claims, and information provided by the website/business owner.
Have a Site to Sell?
We'll net more & you'll pay less when you list your site with us!